www.bonkas4x4wales.com forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.bonkas4x4wales.com forum

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

not a good day for driving today

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
idratherbesurfing

idratherbesurfing

Female
Number of posts : 520
Job/hobbies : International HGV1 Driver
4x4 : V8 Defender 90 on steroids
Registration date : 2009-02-06

not a good day for driving today Empty
PostSubject: not a good day for driving today   not a good day for driving today Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 2:53 am

had to go to newport earlier, on the pontypool roundabout I nearly wiped a corsa off the road when he came screaming up the outside of me just as I was pulling out, cue me hitting brakes, pulling back on the inside just in time to nearly hit another car which was already there Rolling Eyes

bloody scary, it was very nearly a pile up Shocked

then coming back through abersychan, nearly hit a girl riding a horse on an A-road in rush hour traffic rant wearing absolutely no hi-viz gear at all. All my show jumpers were bombproof on the road but no way would I have taken any of them out in traffic like that rant

some dude in a Ka was making hand gestures at me in his rear view mirror scratch which I dont understand cos its not as if I was shoving my bullbar up his arse or anything

and then in blaenafon saw a clio who had driven off the road, up the pavement and into a wall Rolling Eyes

I'm not going out again today Laughing nerves cant handle it!
Back to top Go down
http://www.thelambinn.net
robert francis

Male
Number of posts : 4333
Job/hobbies : 4x4s
4x4 : land rover discovery 200tdi
Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: Re: not a good day for driving today   not a good day for driving today Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 5:13 am

id recommend staying in tonight aswell. sound lucky. i was stuck today waiting for traffic to clear for ages then i saw 2 girls riding horses with a corsa following behind with hazard lights on that was in rush hour aswell, i think there should be times they can and cant ride horses on the road,
a some sort of test to make sure rider and horse are safe, as ive seen some bad stuff involing horses and cars,
Back to top Go down
http://rides.webshots.com/album/561599985PyoVIz
idratherbesurfing

idratherbesurfing

Female
Number of posts : 520
Job/hobbies : International HGV1 Driver
4x4 : V8 Defender 90 on steroids
Registration date : 2009-02-06

PostSubject: Re: not a good day for driving today   not a good day for driving today Icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2009 5:16 am

the British Horse Society do a riding and road safety test, which isnt compusory and IMO is just common sense anyway.

You just dont ride a horse on an A-road. period.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thelambinn.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: not a good day for driving today   not a good day for driving today Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

not a good day for driving today
Page 1 of 1