www.bonkas4x4wales.com forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.bonkas4x4wales.com forum

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

COMP SAFARI - SAT/SUN APRIL 11th & 12th CRICKHOWELL AREA

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
tarmac terrorist

tarmac terrorist

Male
Number of posts : 479
Job/hobbies : d.j -
4x4 : frontera
Registration date : 2008-01-19

COMP SAFARI - SAT/SUN APRIL 11th & 12th CRICKHOWELL AREA Empty
PostSubject: COMP SAFARI - SAT/SUN APRIL 11th & 12th CRICKHOWELL AREA   COMP SAFARI - SAT/SUN APRIL 11th & 12th CRICKHOWELL AREA Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 7:36 pm

RIGHT GUYS, SORRY ITS SHORT NOTICE, THERES A COMP SAFARI THIS WEEKEND, FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO DONT KNOW WHAT A COMP SAFARI IS MOST PEOPLE CALL IT GREENLANING AT SPEED !!!...LOL..LOL..

I WILL BE OUT ON BOTH DAYS, IVE GOT THE ROUTE AND ALL NECESSARY PAPERWORK AND I AM DOING RADIO OPERATOR, IF ANYONE WANTS TO TAG ALONG PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME PHILWALESRALLYGB@AOL.COM AS SOONEST AS SO AS WE CAN ARRANGE TIMES AND PLACES TO MEET...

CRICKHOWELL IS ON A FEW MILES FROM ABERGAVENNY IN CASE YOU ARE UNSURE OF ITS LOCATION...

LOADS A MUD, LOADS A FUN....... IVE BEEN TO A FEW OF THESE EVENTS AND ITS A GOOD CRACK...

ILL HAVE MY PETROL COOKER WITH ME SO FEEL FREE IF U WANNA BRING YOUR OWN FOOD TO COOK ETC...

BELOW IS JUST A FEW EXTRACTS I HAVE TAKE FROM THE SITE: http://www.marches4x4.com/

BCCC Round 1, Crickhowell. 11 - 12 April.
The venue is on a private estate and includes both open farmland and forestry.
The course is around 6 miles long and can be best described as green laneing at speed. Much of the course is lanes and paths which have not seen much use for quite a while.
The location can be seen from the map posted on the BCCC page of this site.
The course will be set up by Terry Day, starting at 9.00am on Friday. The event will be run on both Saturday and Sunday with signing on at 8.30-9.00am Saturday and 7.30-8.00am on Sunday. This will be done in the large white marquee in the service and camping area.
You do not need a 4x4 to help on our events, many marshals posts can be easily accessed by a car.

After a winter of slumbering and a slight hiccup over the location of the first round, Marches 4x4 is finally gearing up for the first of 6 Championship rounds.
Initially our first foray out was to be at a MOD site in Brough, unfortunately the MOD cancelled at short notice, and our Clerk of Course, Selwyn Kendrick, reshuffled the running order for this year and Crickhowell in South Wales became Round 1 of the 2009 BCCC.
Selwyn proudly showed the Marches team the site with a very large area of permanent pasture land which could easily accommodate the “circus” and the course which runs around a steep hill, which some described as an extinct volcano.
The course is expected to be in the order of 6 miles most of which are paths and tracks some not appearing to have been travelled for years. “ It is going to be fast and tough” commented Selwyn.
Some tracks are around steep slopes and one mistake could take the unfortunate competitor a long distance into the undergrowth, but the views the competitors get as they disappear will be awesome.
Due to the uncertainty of the location of the first round, regulations were published a little late. However entries have been arriving fast and many of the competitors from 2008 have been keen to part with their entry fee.
Martin Cox and Phil Ibbotson who were 1st and 2nd in class E last year have entered.
The Bartlett brothers, Ian Rochelle, Steve Smith and Chris Hammond are a few more of the names that will be joining us at Crickhowell.
Once again the wellbeing of everyone will be looked after by Greg and his staff at XOX with all day food and a bar in the evening.
Marches will once again use the vehicle extraction experts Mark and Debbie from Difflock 8 Recovery and the medical needs will be catered for by Dr John, Paramedic Graham Hundley and the teams from Cam Rescue and Castle Rescue.
The official photographer is Gary Simpson from Songasport who will be happy to supply proofs.
With a superb and exciting course and many of the top names in cross country motorsport competing, this is certain to be a exhilarating weekend for both competitor and spectator.
Fine weather would just put the icing on the cake.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ecurie-cymraeg.co.uk
tarmac terrorist

tarmac terrorist

Male
Number of posts : 479
Job/hobbies : d.j -
4x4 : frontera
Registration date : 2008-01-19

PostSubject: Re: COMP SAFARI - SAT/SUN APRIL 11th & 12th CRICKHOWELL AREA   COMP SAFARI - SAT/SUN APRIL 11th & 12th CRICKHOWELL AREA Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 7:41 pm

SO FAR, CONFIRMED IS AS FOLLOWS.....

MYSELF
CHRIS MORRIS (SCOOBY DOO)
Back to top Go down
http://www.ecurie-cymraeg.co.uk
tezav8

tezav8

Male
Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2008-02-08

PostSubject: Re: COMP SAFARI - SAT/SUN APRIL 11th & 12th CRICKHOWELL AREA   COMP SAFARI - SAT/SUN APRIL 11th & 12th CRICKHOWELL AREA Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 11:19 pm

Phil, Im out in me caravan this weekend, can you give us a bit more notice m8, Im itchin to do somfin.
Back to top Go down
http://rides.webshots.com/album/562421797VMKgls?vhost=rides
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: COMP SAFARI - SAT/SUN APRIL 11th & 12th CRICKHOWELL AREA   COMP SAFARI - SAT/SUN APRIL 11th & 12th CRICKHOWELL AREA Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

COMP SAFARI - SAT/SUN APRIL 11th & 12th CRICKHOWELL AREA
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
www.bonkas4x4wales.com forum :: Events :: Day's Out and Meet's-
Jump to: