www.bonkas4x4wales.com forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.bonkas4x4wales.com forum

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

bank charges the letter to clam it back

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
tony
Admin
Admin
tony

Male
Number of posts : 3629
Job/hobbies : carpenter / offroad ham radio
4x4 : landrover 90 200tdi
Registration date : 2007-12-29

bank charges the letter to clam it back Empty
PostSubject: bank charges the letter to clam it back   bank charges the letter to clam it back Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 12:25 am

IMPORTANT!
PLEASE READ THEN DELETE THIS BOX

This is a template letter for guidance. You need to add your details and where appropriate change the letter to suit your particular circumstances.

Once you’ve made changes, always print it out and read through to check it makes sense to the recipient.

ACTION POINTS

[BLUE BRACKETS]: Put your specific info here, then delete the instructions (and change the text colour)

[insert your name
and address]

[insert date]

[insert name and
address of bank]

Dear Sir or Madam,

Account number: [insert account number]

I am writing to request a fully comprehensive list of all the default charges for direct debit, unauthorised overdrafts and standing orders I have paid since 27 July 2001.

Please find enclosed a cheque for the maximum statutory charge of £10. If you are unable to provide this data, I will accept a copy of my statements; I understand that statements on their own are not covered by the Data Protection Act 1998, yet I’m not requesting the statements per se, but the charges, which I’m entitled to by law.

I look forward to your response within 40 days, as [insert name of bank] is obliged to reply under the Data Protection Act. If not I shall seek remedy from the Information Commissioner.
Yours faithfully,

[insert your signature]

[insert your name (printed)]

Last edited by tony on Fri May 22, 2009 6:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/tonyakv
discojol

discojol

Male
Number of posts : 270
Job/hobbies : Technician
4x4 : Disco 300tdi
Registration date : 2009-01-22

PostSubject: Re: bank charges the letter to clam it back   bank charges the letter to clam it back Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 1:59 am

I started my case with the bank about a year and a half ago. But because there still in court to see if we can claim it back or not they have put them all on hold. If the court says the charges are unfair and we can claim them back there will be millions of people sending letters in. So your best of doing it now before the rush.

Jol
Back to top Go down
http://www.bonkas4x4wales.com
pete
Bonkas Member
pete

Male
Number of posts : 570
Job/hobbies : IT/Projects Manager - Building Contractors
4x4 : Land Rover Discovery 300tdi
Registration date : 2008-09-24

PostSubject: Re: bank charges the letter to clam it back   bank charges the letter to clam it back Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2009 9:17 am

Done mine 2 years ago, got 75% of my total charges back on the first offer, it does work, well worth a shot.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bonkas4x4.com/
tony
Admin
Admin
tony

Male
Number of posts : 3629
Job/hobbies : carpenter / offroad ham radio
4x4 : landrover 90 200tdi
Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: THE SECOND LATTER YOU NEED TO SEND TO THE BANK   bank charges the letter to clam it back Icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 6:50 am

[insert your name
and address]

[insert date]

[insert name and
address of bank]

Dear Sir or Madam,

Account number: [insert account number]

I am writing to request that you repay all the default charges that have been applied to my account since 27 July 2001.I do not believe these charges reflect the true cost to [insert name of bank] of going into unauthorised overdraft.

The charges total £[insert total charge]. I believe I have been unlawfully deprived of the money and therefore ask that you repay me the full amount. Please find a full schedule of the charges with this document. [include a list of charges and be sure to keep a copy for yourself].

I look forward for a full response to this letter within 14 days.

Yours faithfully,

[insert your signature]

[insert your name (printed)]
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/tonyakv
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: bank charges the letter to clam it back   bank charges the letter to clam it back Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

bank charges the letter to clam it back
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
www.bonkas4x4wales.com forum :: Chat :: THE BAR - general chat-
Jump to: