www.bonkas4x4wales.com forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.bonkas4x4wales.com forum

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

4x4 users asked to keep clear of Sarn July 3rd

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
gareth
Bonkas Member
gareth

Male
Number of posts : 407
4x4 : 90
Registration date : 2010-09-07

4x4 users asked to keep clear of Sarn July 3rd Empty
PostSubject: 4x4 users asked to keep clear of Sarn July 3rd   4x4 users asked to keep clear of Sarn July 3rd Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 8:21 pm

Just recieved this email,just to keep 4x4 users out of spotlight and try not to give people any
more ammuntition against us,god knows they have enough.....

JULY 3rd (Sunday)

I suggest that, on the 3rd July, all 'off-roaders' try to avoid using the Sarn Helen byway for the best part of the day.

The Neath Walking Club is having it's annual walk, (their 'environmental & countryside group'). This club supported the new, lengthier and more draconian, TRO. Much of the photographic evidence advanced to lengthen the TRO was, I believe, taken on one of their walks. They count amongst their membership David Michael who is the Head of Legal Services and the Monitoring Officer for Neath, Port-Talbot CBC.

The official report to the Environment & Highways Committee for the new TRO was by David Michael. It was David Michael who made, then signed and sealed, the temporary TRO which kept the Maesgwyn site totally closed for most of 2010, (unless you wanted to race around it and were prepared to hand over a big wedge of cash to Walterscorp!) NPT Legal Department have bent over backwards to find loopholes to permit Councillors to give Walters whatever they want.This statement is made entirely without prejudice to any party.

The 'Neath Walking Club' will be keen to detail all damage on the Sarn Helen and place that at the door of club members such as you & yours. If there are any 4wd vehicles on the road that day - they will be photographed. Even if their driving is perfect I have no doubt that there will be multiple testimonials from Neath Walking Club about how they narrowly missed death at the hands of homicidal maniac off-roaders.

So, if people could avoid using the byway that day and inform anyone they know with 4x4's / quads / scramblers, etc. who may otherwise use it on that day.

I know you're legally allowed to use it, but keeping well away just helps to take ammo away from the 'close Sarn to vehicles' brigade.

Cheers

Chris

Back to top Go down
ormondstreet

ormondstreet

Number of posts : 454
Job/hobbies : gardener/horticultural instructor/fixing me land rover
4x4 : shogun V6 3.0L petrol
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: 4x4 users asked to keep clear of Sarn July 3rd   4x4 users asked to keep clear of Sarn July 3rd Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 2:20 am

It could also be interpreted as "not being used by the 4x4 lot so let's close it to them" we need to work with the other user groups not against them.
I fully understand what Chris is saying but we shouldn't hide from them.
Back to top Go down
peter summerill

peter summerill

Male
Number of posts : 2098
Job/hobbies : Factory Supervisor, Shooting,
4x4 : Kia Sportage with a 4" llift
Registration date : 2009-03-13

PostSubject: Re: 4x4 users asked to keep clear of Sarn July 3rd   4x4 users asked to keep clear of Sarn July 3rd Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 2:34 am

Bonkas are up at baskavill hall on the 3rd
Back to top Go down
http://www.bonkas4x4.com
ormondstreet

ormondstreet

Number of posts : 454
Job/hobbies : gardener/horticultural instructor/fixing me land rover
4x4 : shogun V6 3.0L petrol
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: 4x4 users asked to keep clear of Sarn July 3rd   4x4 users asked to keep clear of Sarn July 3rd Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 5:54 am

oh that's ok then
Back to top Go down
tony
Admin
Admin
tony

Male
Number of posts : 3629
Job/hobbies : carpenter / offroad ham radio
4x4 : landrover 90 200tdi
Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: Re: 4x4 users asked to keep clear of Sarn July 3rd   4x4 users asked to keep clear of Sarn July 3rd Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2011 8:51 am

Yes
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/tonyakv
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 4x4 users asked to keep clear of Sarn July 3rd   4x4 users asked to keep clear of Sarn July 3rd Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

4x4 users asked to keep clear of Sarn July 3rd
Page 1 of 1