www.bonkas4x4wales.com forum
 
HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterUsergroupsLog in

Share | 
 

 Help needed

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shane1988



Male
Number of posts : 59
Age : 29
Location : Mountain ash
Job/hobbies : Chippy fishing shooting
4x4 : Discovery 200tdi
Registration date : 2011-10-10

PostSubject: Help needed   Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:47 am

Just had my disco from garage yesterday had discs pads and front wheel bearings done and all wasfine yesterday. Went out today and car started to jerk every couple of yards as if something was slipping can anyone help me find possible causes but drove it round the block earlier and all was fine the problem started whilst goin up a hill if that makes any difference cheers
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://Www.bonkas4x4wales.co.uk
gunner25187404

avatar

Male
Number of posts : 356
Age : 31
Location : somerset
4x4 : disco 300tdi THE BEAST
Registration date : 2011-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Help needed   Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:26 pm

wrong gear selection??

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.bonkas4x4wales.com
tony
Admin
Admin
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 3627
Age : 50
Location : rhondda south wales
Job/hobbies : carpenter / offroad ham radio
4x4 : landrover 90 200tdi
Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Help needed   Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:03 pm

U got fuel in it ?

_________________
lol! ( Don't have to list my mods got a Landrover ) lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/tonyakv
gunner25187404

avatar

Male
Number of posts : 356
Age : 31
Location : somerset
4x4 : disco 300tdi THE BEAST
Registration date : 2011-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Help needed   Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:19 am

or goblins could be playing with your brakes lol! What a Face


what sort of jerking was it/isit,,? what was you doing?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.bonkas4x4wales.com
Shane1988



Male
Number of posts : 59
Age : 29
Location : Mountain ash
Job/hobbies : Chippy fishing shooting
4x4 : Discovery 200tdi
Registration date : 2011-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Help needed   Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:56 am

Yes plenty of fuel and it was doing it in whatever gear I selected it was gust as if the whole car was jerking similarly to when ur engines missing but the engines fine if that makes any sense
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://Www.bonkas4x4wales.co.uk
robert francis



Male
Number of posts : 4333
Age : 41
Location : wales
Job/hobbies : 4x4s
4x4 : land rover discovery 200tdi
Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Help needed   Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:54 am

put your transfer box into nutral and then reselect a gear it might be trying to pop out of gear maybe, ??
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rides.webshots.com/album/561599985PyoVIz
Shane1988



Male
Number of posts : 59
Age : 29
Location : Mountain ash
Job/hobbies : Chippy fishing shooting
4x4 : Discovery 200tdi
Registration date : 2011-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Help needed   Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:12 am

It's sorted now cheers it was a loose caliper and the dirt protecter thing was catching on the inner balancing weight cheers for your replys
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://Www.bonkas4x4wales.co.uk
gunner25187404

avatar

Male
Number of posts : 356
Age : 31
Location : somerset
4x4 : disco 300tdi THE BEAST
Registration date : 2011-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Help needed   Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:07 am

no worrys happy to help lucky you found it early i say
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.bonkas4x4wales.com
Shane1988



Male
Number of posts : 59
Age : 29
Location : Mountain ash
Job/hobbies : Chippy fishing shooting
4x4 : Discovery 200tdi
Registration date : 2011-10-10

PostSubject: Re: Help needed   Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:44 pm

I know could have been expensive if I hadn't found it
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://Www.bonkas4x4wales.co.uk
robert francis



Male
Number of posts : 4333
Age : 41
Location : wales
Job/hobbies : 4x4s
4x4 : land rover discovery 200tdi
Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: Re: Help needed   Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:53 am

you sound alright about it id be pissed if i put it into a garage and payed good coin to find this ?? glad you sorted it
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rides.webshots.com/album/561599985PyoVIz
gunner25187404

avatar

Male
Number of posts : 356
Age : 31
Location : somerset
4x4 : disco 300tdi THE BEAST
Registration date : 2011-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Help needed   Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:22 pm

robert francis wrote:
you sound alright about it id be pissed if i put it into a garage and payed good coin to find this ?? glad you sorted it

they be dead men walking if it was my jeep and i found the problem if my boy was init this sort of misstake could mean lives

rob is there a thread where we shame these sort of garages to warn people about shoody work ???
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.bonkas4x4wales.com
PITBULL

avatar

Male
Number of posts : 3993
Age : 32
Location : Barry
4x4 : RRC 200tdi
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Help needed   Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:16 pm

gunner25187404 wrote:
robert francis wrote:
you sound alright about it id be pissed if i put it into a garage and payed good coin to find this ?? glad you sorted it

they be dead men walking if it was my jeep and i found the problem if my boy was init this sort of misstake could mean lives

rob is there a thread where we shame these sort of garages to warn people about shoody work ???

yes.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rides.webshots.com/album/562089446fByCfV?vhost=rides
Foxy
Bonkas Member
avatar

Male
Number of posts : 969
Age : 51
Location : Cardiff
Job/hobbies : 4x4's / motorbikes
4x4 : None at present
Registration date : 2009-04-25

PostSubject: Re: Help needed   Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:27 pm

Agreed. Yes its good you found and solved the problem, but it could have caused an accident, unforyunately, as the driver YOU are responsible!
Its the driver of the vehicle who gets prosecuted not the garage.
If I was you mate, i'd name them on the name and shame page and, if you are happy to do so, go and see them or find out if there is an organisation (like the good garage scheme) who can sort this out.
It could happen to anyone, especially if they no nothing about cars.
You put your faith in a garage, to do the job properly, and they put lives in danger. NOT GOOD!!
As I said earlier, its NOT your fault, but you are the one who pays the price, with your license, freedom and consionce.
This garage should be dealt with in the correct way, name and shame to start with and possibly shut down for doing dangerous work on vehicles.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gunner25187404

avatar

Male
Number of posts : 356
Age : 31
Location : somerset
4x4 : disco 300tdi THE BEAST
Registration date : 2011-09-17

PostSubject: Re: Help needed   Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:53 am

Foxy wrote:
Agreed. Yes its good you found and solved the problem, but it could have caused an accident, unforyunately, as the driver YOU are responsible!
Its the driver of the vehicle who gets prosecuted not the garage.
If I was you mate, i'd name them on the name and shame page and, if you are happy to do so, go and see them or find out if there is an organisation (like the good garage scheme) who can sort this out.
It could happen to anyone, especially if they no nothing about cars.
You put your faith in a garage, to do the job properly, and they put lives in danger. NOT GOOD!!
As I said earlier, its NOT your fault, but you are the one who pays the price, with your license, freedom and consionce.
This garage should be dealt with in the correct way, name and shame to start with and possibly shut down for doing dangerous work on vehicles.

I AGREE !!!WELL SAID FOXY
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.bonkas4x4wales.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Help needed   

Back to top Go down
 
Help needed
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» oil flush is it needed
» Left Back Needed
» Goalkeeper needed for Saturday - Leicester City Supporters
» Welding help Needed..
» Referee needed

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
www.bonkas4x4wales.com forum :: Chat :: THE BAR - general chat-
Jump to: