www.bonkas4x4wales.com forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.bonkas4x4wales.com forum

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

re the sarn closed early

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
extreme

extreme

Number of posts : 38
4x4 : nissan terrano and nissan pathfinder
Registration date : 2009-08-19

re the sarn closed early Empty
PostSubject: re the sarn closed early   re the sarn closed early Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 9:24 am

hi all , after our little trip down the sarn on saturday to find it blocked off by the farmer.
it is crucial we involve ourselves with ROWAN , the people who did the meeting in seven sisters last week.

i believe 3 form bonkas attended this meeting

it will help if we can provide them with statements and photo evidence so they can help keep the sarn open,

also i propose we pursue this very hard . we seem to be in the door as far as showing we mean to keep it open and people are listening, so lets keep on top of it.

i have contacted chris from ROWAN and await his answer , ill keep you posted

so thats the neath section sorted.

next who is interested in weekly night runs up the other section of the sarn, the powys sections that are under dispuite. or undecided

its my thought the council are not making it public and the police had to cancel the section 59's . because the council want it to die down ...

as people are unsure of its status , they are not using it. that will give the council grounds to close it forever and quietly

we need to prove we are using it all the time.

im in the proses of getting some proper mapping software and gps tracking devices to track my trucks movements etc , as proof of sarn usage...couple of weeks max.
its a laptop im strugling on if anyone has a cheep one for sale
must be less than 5 years old , to run the software. i can possibly get copies if you want to do this too

anyway anyone in on night runs up the sarn....???

please if anyone from glass crag or lara wants to tell me to stop or not do it...please
im not interested in any of them do good, do nothing, grassing associations thank you.
however if your in one of them , and you have a bit if fight in you come along and lets actually do something instead of just sitting back telling people what they can and cant do , grassing and dividing the 4x4 community....

oh and does the club have any reps from these association's.... please get in touch. cos i want to know what your doing about the sarn blocked off

thanks all
Back to top Go down
http://nissan4x4ownersclub.com
robert francis

Male
Number of posts : 4333
Job/hobbies : 4x4s
4x4 : land rover discovery 200tdi
Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: Re: re the sarn closed early   re the sarn closed early Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 9:36 am

hi mate,
i spoke to the brecon council the other day and she said they were closed, but she did say every appeal has to be looked into correctly.

so ive been chatting to a few friends today regaurding the other 2 parts of sarn, if we can get a petition going for all to sign but a good letter would be much better,
my mums disabled and she would love to go there but couldnt walk the route they are discriminating again the disabled coz motors are the only way people can see some of these lovely parts of the country side.

so if we could get letters and a petition going we can then approch the council about an appeal.
just need someone who knows what there on about and can arrange it all.
Back to top Go down
http://rides.webshots.com/album/561599985PyoVIz
Bobi

Bobi

Female
Number of posts : 19
4x4 : Bobtailed Range Rover, 3.9 V8 on LPG.
Registration date : 2009-08-22

PostSubject: Re: re the sarn closed early   re the sarn closed early Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 9:39 am

Hi Col, did you get the email from Chris? He reckons Sarn open until 31st! I am sure it was the 22nd on the letter I had. If it is 31st I will go back up and get more pics for ROWAN, as per the email.

I did the top end of Sarn after dark with you after the brecon run about 6 months ago but no pics! well it was after dark lol. Trouble being they say its shut, but no signs or anything in writing, then they say its because nobody goes there, then if you do go are you breaking the law if its supposed to be closed? My mate had coppers turn up and say he was getting a section 59 as he had been over the top end, but he heard nothing and can't find out if he has one or not.

It's all the bloody red tape crap, and you can't anything for definite as to whats open and whats not. It's all so conflicting when you do get any info, just like the dates on Sarn this year. You assume a letter from the council would be right but ROWAN sure they're not.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ps3trophies.com
Bobi

Bobi

Female

PostSubject: Re: re the sarn closed early   re the sarn closed early Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 9:43 am

Rob- Chris from ROWAN would probably get a good letter done, he know all the ROW stuff. I'll be seeing him this week, I'll let you know what he says.

One good letter and a few thousand (gotta be optimmistic) signatures on it.
Back to top Go down
robert francis

Male

PostSubject: Re: re the sarn closed early   re the sarn closed early Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 9:47 am

you put it on enough site the numbers will start getting that high
Back to top Go down
extreme

extreme

PostSubject: Re: re the sarn closed early   re the sarn closed early Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 9:52 am

how do you feel about involving rowan within the club it will give him more clout and bonkas, how do you feel that copper was , is he on side or ????

i really dont have any faith in the other groups , it needs to be local and constant . bigger groups just seem to roll over and give in.

we need to involve as many local groups / clubs as possible. i have discussed this with the V.C of crag and he's keen to start rattling cages at powys. he's still hurt over the bridge they built. and i keep reminding them about

but its time to make a stand. and next time go well prepared for obstacles etc

and no back tracking

ok so who's in

yes got rowan email
Back to top Go down
extreme

extreme

PostSubject: Re: re the sarn closed early   re the sarn closed early Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 9:54 am

it is open till 31st fact

not one letter everyone has to write a separate letter or it only counts as one
Back to top Go down
robert francis

Male

PostSubject: Re: re the sarn closed early   re the sarn closed early Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 10:02 am

il help where i can, get as many letters as poss and petitions on other sites to get the signatures, il phone neath council tomorrow morning and ask when they say it closes if its the 31st il be back up there
Back to top Go down
robert francis

Male

PostSubject: Re: re the sarn closed early   re the sarn closed early Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 10:02 am

whats the grid refs for the other 2 parts of sarn
Back to top Go down
ormondstreet

ormondstreet

Number of posts : 454
Job/hobbies : gardener/horticultural instructor/fixing me land rover
4x4 : shogun V6 3.0L petrol
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: re-sarn closed early   re the sarn closed early Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 10:07 am

I think it only right and proper that if we wish to enjoy access to all these rights of way , that we make sure we do our best to keep them open, if this means adopting a campaigning stance (as a club) then that's what we should do.
regular use of a route is the best way of preventing closure and teaming up with every 4x4 club in Great Britain and developeing an anti closure policy is the only way to do it.
I propose starting a series of meetings with all the other off roading clubs, to establish a unified front and a basis from which any such campaigning can be established.
Back to top Go down
extreme

extreme

PostSubject: Re: re the sarn closed early   re the sarn closed early Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 10:25 am

robert francis wrote:
il help where i can, get as many letters as poss and petitions on other sites to get the signatures, il phone neath council tomorrow morning and ask when they say it closes if its the 31st il be back up there

if it is, as i know it is . do you want to do it all no matter what it takes to get through.
Back to top Go down
extreme

extreme

PostSubject: Re: re the sarn closed early   re the sarn closed early Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 10:25 am

extreme wrote:
robert francis wrote:

if it is, as i know it is . do you want to do it all no matter what it takes to get through.

on saturday ?
Back to top Go down
robert francis

Male

PostSubject: Re: re the sarn closed early   re the sarn closed early Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 10:27 am

like i said if we decide to go ahead and try and get any lanes back, im in il help where i can
Back to top Go down
robert francis

Male

PostSubject: Re: re the sarn closed early   re the sarn closed early Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 10:29 am

any week day evening as i got my bouncy castles out this weekend
Back to top Go down
ormondstreet

ormondstreet

Number of posts : 454
Job/hobbies : gardener/horticultural instructor/fixing me land rover
4x4 : shogun V6 3.0L petrol
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: re-sarn closed early   re the sarn closed early Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 10:33 am

I'm up for saturday
Back to top Go down
Bobi

Bobi

Female

PostSubject: Re: re the sarn closed early   re the sarn closed early Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 10:38 am

quote]I think it only right and proper that if we wish to enjoy access to all these rights of way , that we make sure we do our best to keep them open, if this means adopting a campaigning stance (as a club) then that's what we should do.
regular use of a route is the best way of preventing closure and teaming up with every 4x4 club in Great Britain and developeing an anti closure policy is the only way to do it.
I propose starting a series of meetings with all the other off roading clubs, to establish a unified front and a basis from which any such campaigning can be established.[[/quote]

This is where we have to get sorted- Rights Of Way Alliance N[size=9][size=7]eath [/size][/size]is already set up to fight this cause. We need a base such as them and all be behind it, that way we come across as not only better organised but on a larger scale instead of the smaller and easier mollified groups.

And apparently "If you're using a public right of way & discover an obstruction you ARE permitted to move the obstruction just enough to allow passage, BUT, you cannot go onto a public right of way with the express intention of moving an obstruction that you know is there."

So if you are going up Sarn this week, it will be a shock to see it obstructed, and you didn't go with the intention of moving said obstruction. The powers that be don't need any more ammo. So as most of us have the tackle on board to move a boulder or 2 don't be tempted to take ur JCB with you Laughing
Back to top Go down
landrover598

landrover598

Male
Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2008-01-17

PostSubject: Re: re the sarn closed early   re the sarn closed early Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 7:16 pm

When you drive the sectios of Sarn north of the neath section, keep an eye out for the no vehicles signs, they aren't very visible so may be worth taking some pics, and ask why it's taken them so long to put them up since the track was downgraded to a restricted byway in Nov 07!
Back to top Go down
landrover598

landrover598

Male
Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2008-01-17

PostSubject: Re: re the sarn closed early   re the sarn closed early Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 12:51 am

Just to let you know, lower Sarn has been re-opened, i cycled passed the entrance today and the stones have been put back into the trees at the side.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: re the sarn closed early   re the sarn closed early Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

re the sarn closed early
Page 1 of 1