www.bonkas4x4wales.com forum
 
HomeCalendarGalleryFAQSearchRegisterUsergroupsLog in

Share
 

 lift your 4x4 before you put tyres on it,

Go down 
AuthorMessage
robert francis



Male
Number of posts : 4333
Age : 43
Location : wales
Job/hobbies : 4x4s
4x4 : land rover discovery 200tdi
Registration date : 2007-12-29

lift your 4x4 before you put tyres on it, Empty
PostSubject: lift your 4x4 before you put tyres on it,   lift your 4x4 before you put tyres on it, Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 10:32 am

hi all if your looking at doing your 4x4 to off road spec, the 1st thing people normally do is race out and get the biggest tyres that will fit the jeep, but when you put a suspension or body lift on the tyres look small and then you need to replace them again,

before you say anything i didnt do that mistake i bought mine already lifted,
its just a bit of advice, thanks all
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rides.webshots.com/album/561599985PyoVIz
PITBULL

PITBULL

Male
Number of posts : 3993
Age : 34
Location : Barry
4x4 : RRC 200tdi
Registration date : 2008-01-12

lift your 4x4 before you put tyres on it, Empty
PostSubject: Re: lift your 4x4 before you put tyres on it,   lift your 4x4 before you put tyres on it, Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 5:18 pm

yea i agree i did it the mistake i mad was that silverline told me265s would only fit on a lifted disco but i didnt listen and had 2 but a lift b4 i could drive it 1ce i put the tyres on opps

tip 2 get both but tyres put them on swear blind 2 the mrs that u thought they would fit but dont so u need a lift or u cant get 2 work... worked 4 me lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rides.webshots.com/album/562089446fByCfV?vhost=rides
robert francis



Male
Number of posts : 4333
Age : 43
Location : wales
Job/hobbies : 4x4s
4x4 : land rover discovery 200tdi
Registration date : 2007-12-29

lift your 4x4 before you put tyres on it, Empty
PostSubject: Re: lift your 4x4 before you put tyres on it,   lift your 4x4 before you put tyres on it, Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 6:43 pm

very nice answer
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rides.webshots.com/album/561599985PyoVIz
PITBULL

PITBULL

Male
Number of posts : 3993
Age : 34
Location : Barry
4x4 : RRC 200tdi
Registration date : 2008-01-12

lift your 4x4 before you put tyres on it, Empty
PostSubject: Re: lift your 4x4 before you put tyres on it,   lift your 4x4 before you put tyres on it, Icon_minitimeFri Apr 11, 2008 9:09 pm

i thought so Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rides.webshots.com/album/562089446fByCfV?vhost=rides
BillySurf

BillySurf

Male
Number of posts : 33
Age : 59
Location : Bridgend
Job/hobbies : Saluki running dogs. Toyota Surfs.
4x4 : Toyota Surfs X2. One running on 35's, one on 31's.
Registration date : 2011-02-16

lift your 4x4 before you put tyres on it, Empty
PostSubject: Re: lift your 4x4 before you put tyres on it,   lift your 4x4 before you put tyres on it, Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 7:12 am

I was lucky to buy a lifted mk3 hilux with 35's on it!That saved hundreds on tyres and the 12" rims.
All I needed to do on front to get tyres to fit under arches and be able to drive on road, was to tweek the torsion bars up, and cut the skirt on bumper. oh yeh! and bash behinde the wheel on the footwell to help turning.
Ive got 2" balljoint spacers ready now to put on so Billy has more lift on front!


33's will fit aSurf without too much trouble, but not for extreme use may I tell you!

Landcruiser 80, rear coils are the way to go to get a cheap 3" more space on rear!
Remember to get longer shocks though or you know it!
Shock extentions work too dont they?

These are the 2" balljoint spacers I had mad!
My M8 makes them for 70quid a pair!
[img]lift your 4x4 before you put tyres on it, Cjpg0[/img]

A pic of the rear with the LandCruiser springs.
[img]lift your 4x4 before you put tyres on it, Wchg0i[/img]
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.google.co.uk
peter summerill

peter summerill

Male
Number of posts : 2098
Age : 44
Location : Mountain Ash
Job/hobbies : Factory Supervisor, Shooting,
4x4 : Kia Sportage with a 4" llift
Registration date : 2009-03-13

lift your 4x4 before you put tyres on it, Empty
PostSubject: Re: lift your 4x4 before you put tyres on it,   lift your 4x4 before you put tyres on it, Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 8:02 am

BillySurf wrote:
I was lucky to buy a lifted mk3 hilux with 35's on it!That saved hundreds on tyres and the 12" rims.
All I needed to do on front to get tyres to fit under arches and be able to drive on road, was to tweek the torsion bars up, and cut the skirt on bumper. oh yeh! and bash behinde the wheel on the footwell to help turning.
Ive got 2" balljoint spacers ready now to put on so Billy has more lift on front!


33's will fit aSurf without too much trouble, but not for extreme use may I tell you!

Landcruiser 80, rear coils are the way to go to get a cheap 3" more space on rear!
Remember to get longer shocks though or you know it!
Shock extentions work too dont they?

These are the 2" balljoint spacers I had mad!
My M8 makes them for 70quid a pair!
[img]lift your 4x4 before you put tyres on it, Cjpg0[/img]

A pic of the rear with the LandCruiser springs.
[img]lift your 4x4 before you put tyres on it, Wchg0i[/img]



Them botom end ball joints look the same as the ones on my kia . You got me thinking now ???? . Looks like i will be makeing some tomoro lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.bonkas4x4.com
BillySurf

BillySurf

Male
Number of posts : 33
Age : 59
Location : Bridgend
Job/hobbies : Saluki running dogs. Toyota Surfs.
4x4 : Toyota Surfs X2. One running on 35's, one on 31's.
Registration date : 2011-02-16

lift your 4x4 before you put tyres on it, Empty
PostSubject: Re: lift your 4x4 before you put tyres on it,   lift your 4x4 before you put tyres on it, Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 10:17 am

Surprising what goes through ones head when a pic is seen!
Problem with me is, I need someone with the abilities to make things I want, not having the tools to engineer items I want.
I am fortunate to have a m8 who can make almost anything on a lathe etc!
He also makes for other people for a fare price too!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.google.co.uk
tony
Admin
Admin
tony

Male
Number of posts : 3629
Age : 52
Location : rhondda south wales
Job/hobbies : carpenter / offroad ham radio
4x4 : landrover 90 200tdi
Registration date : 2007-12-29

lift your 4x4 before you put tyres on it, Empty
PostSubject: Re: lift your 4x4 before you put tyres on it,   lift your 4x4 before you put tyres on it, Icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 12:24 pm

robert francis wrote:
hi all if your looking at doing your 4x4 to off road spec, the 1st thing people normally do is race out and get the biggest tyres that will fit the jeep, but when you put a suspension or body lift on the tyres look small and then you need to replace them again,

before you say anything i didnt do that mistake i bought mine already lifted,
its just a bit of advice, thanks all
I did that with the disco I had looked ok with the 6 inch lift and 35 On it then when the 4 inch body lift was sorted it looked crap then had to get the 38s on it then lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/tonyakv
BillySurf

BillySurf

Male
Number of posts : 33
Age : 59
Location : Bridgend
Job/hobbies : Saluki running dogs. Toyota Surfs.
4x4 : Toyota Surfs X2. One running on 35's, one on 31's.
Registration date : 2011-02-16

lift your 4x4 before you put tyres on it, Empty
PostSubject: Re: lift your 4x4 before you put tyres on it,   lift your 4x4 before you put tyres on it, Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 8:48 am

Christ! My truck aint worth the price of one tidy 38, lol.
Never lone one for each corner, lol.

My M8 in Pyle has 38's on his Surf, but he is building it as a show truck and spent loads on it.
Never see dirt or rain I recon.
Im'e just under 6ft, and the bonnet slam pannal comes over my shoulder.
Awsum!!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.google.co.uk
PITBULL

PITBULL

Male
Number of posts : 3993
Age : 34
Location : Barry
4x4 : RRC 200tdi
Registration date : 2008-01-12

lift your 4x4 before you put tyres on it, Empty
PostSubject: Re: lift your 4x4 before you put tyres on it,   lift your 4x4 before you put tyres on it, Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 8:53 am

PITBULL wrote:
yea i agree i did it the mistake i mad was that silverline told me265s would only fit on a lifted disco but i didnt listen and had 2 but a lift b4 i could drive it 1ce i put the tyres on opps

tip 2 get both but tyres put them on swear blind 2 the mrs that u thought they would fit but dont so u need a lift or u cant get 2 work... worked 4 me lol!

WTF was i on when i wrote that i dont understand a word of it lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://rides.webshots.com/album/562089446fByCfV?vhost=rides
tony
Admin
Admin
tony

Male
Number of posts : 3629
Age : 52
Location : rhondda south wales
Job/hobbies : carpenter / offroad ham radio
4x4 : landrover 90 200tdi
Registration date : 2007-12-29

lift your 4x4 before you put tyres on it, Empty
PostSubject: Re: lift your 4x4 before you put tyres on it,   lift your 4x4 before you put tyres on it, Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 9:07 am

Not me lol lol

_________________
lol! ( Don't have to list my mods got a Landrover ) lol!
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/user/tonyakv
bagpuss_993

bagpuss_993

Male
Number of posts : 210
Age : 50
Location : kairdiff
Job/hobbies : lots
4x4 : DISCOVERY 1 300 TDI with a healthy dose of tin worm.
Registration date : 2010-09-08

lift your 4x4 before you put tyres on it, Empty
PostSubject: Re: lift your 4x4 before you put tyres on it,   lift your 4x4 before you put tyres on it, Icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 9:33 am

PITBULL wrote:
PITBULL wrote:
yea i agree i did it the mistake i mad was that silverline told me265s would only fit on a lifted disco but i didnt listen and had 2 but a lift b4 i could drive it 1ce i put the tyres on opps

tip 2 get both but tyres put them on swear blind 2 the mrs that u thought they would fit but dont so u need a lift or u cant get 2 work... worked 4 me lol!

WTF was i on when i wrote that i dont understand a word of it lol

we know wot you mean mate lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://army.mod.uk/royalengineers/units/847.aspx
Sponsored content




lift your 4x4 before you put tyres on it, Empty
PostSubject: Re: lift your 4x4 before you put tyres on it,   lift your 4x4 before you put tyres on it, Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
lift your 4x4 before you put tyres on it,
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» how do you lift a lawnmwer?
» Questions about lift and tires.....
» Winter Tyres: Feedback please
» staked tyres
» What is best way to lift your lawnmower?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
www.bonkas4x4wales.com forum :: Vehicle & Technical :: Top tips/hints on do your jeep to off road spec!-
Jump to: