www.bonkas4x4wales.com forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.bonkas4x4wales.com forum

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

So it's not only the uk then

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
tony
Admin
Admin
tony

Male
Number of posts : 3629
Job/hobbies : carpenter / offroad ham radio
4x4 : landrover 90 200tdi
Registration date : 2007-12-29

So it's not only the uk then  Empty
PostSubject: So it's not only the uk then    So it's not only the uk then  Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 8:55 pm

Australian 4WDers,

This message is vital! The battle to save our lifestyle is back on the agenda.

For years the Federal Government and National Parks have been closing down your local tracks around Australia. Now, the Tasmanian Labour State Government are set to close the iconic Arthur-Pieman Conservation Area on Tasmania’s West Coast.

This area is one of the most iconic destinations for Aussie 4WDers adventurers yet the Tasmanian State government are going to lock the gates and shut us out! They’re planning to close Sandy Cape and the Tarkine Forest and that’s just the beginning.

Enough is enough. For too long have we let state governments dictate where we can and can't in our own country.

In 2010, the Tasmanian State government opened up public discussion between the 1st April and the 7th of May in regard to closing 44 4WD tracks and they claim to have received 2,354 submissions.

Tasmanian Minister for Environment, Parks and Heritage, Brian Wightman announced that he ‘appreciated’ and ‘acknowledged’ the opinion of off-roaders. Despite this, on the 9th of February 2012 the Minister approved the report put forward by Tasmanian Parks & Wildlife Services to close 4WD tracks in the area as of July 1st 2012!

Have you seen this area? Have your kids camped there? Without your help generations of Australians will be shut out of this absolutely wonderful country. Help us fight it, we did it with VSI-50, we did it with VSB-14 and now we need your help once again. Don’t let National Parks lock us out of our own country!

What can you do?

Show your support by joining me at the protest rally which is being held at the football ground in Smithton Tasmania on Sunday the 20th of May at midday. If you can't be there, get on the 4WD Action Facebook page and website and at least be heard. Tell all your mates, get the message out there! This is serious stuff, these tracks will be closed if you don’t help me do something about it!

It's time to take a stand! Click through to the 4WD Action website to  send an email to the Minister, let him know that 4WDers have a voice and we will be heard!

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/tonyakv
Foxy
Bonkas Member
Foxy

Male
Number of posts : 969
Job/hobbies : 4x4's / motorbikes
4x4 : None at present
Registration date : 2009-04-25

PostSubject: Re: So it's not only the uk then    So it's not only the uk then  Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 9:06 pm

We need to do the same here, I know there are a few groups who do their bit but we need to get together with other 4x4 clubs and get things organised.
As clubs we need to talk too each other, all of us, even if we don't see eye to eye, as a group we should at least get on just to fight against closures.
The Gap, Sarn Helen and The Tips all restricted or gone, where next??
Back to top Go down
gunner25187404

gunner25187404

Male
Number of posts : 356
4x4 : disco 300tdi THE BEAST
Registration date : 2011-09-17

PostSubject: Re: So it's not only the uk then    So it's not only the uk then  Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 9:09 pm

Foxy wrote:
We need to do the same here, I know there are a few groups who do their bit but we need to get together with other 4x4 clubs and get things organised.
As clubs we need to talk too each other, all of us, even if we don't see eye to eye, as a group we should at least get on just to fight against closures.
The Gap, Sarn Helen and The Tips all restricted or gone, where next??

thats the same thing i said a while back all us clubs should just park up the gap,, what they going to do section 59 us all they would be there for weeks lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.bonkas4x4wales.com
Baz
bonkas greenlanes marshal
Baz

Male
Number of posts : 850
Job/hobbies : offroading mountain bikeing
4x4 : Looking for new truck
Registration date : 2010-12-25

PostSubject: Re: So it's not only the uk then    So it's not only the uk then  Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 9:33 pm

Can't see us working with valleys pmsl half or club wants to kill em lol. Not meany clubs want too work together. The ones that do show thay do good the abuse thear good deeds by illgell offroading like gives them some sort ov right too do it. This club only as good as it is cozz it stands alone its members an the ppl that run it it should stay on its own. If as a club we want to do aome thing about it we should but the proper way not by parking on a closed by way pissing ppl off makeing us look bad
Back to top Go down
emskie
Bonkas Member
emskie

Female
Number of posts : 162
Job/hobbies : uni student
4x4 : daihatsu fourtrak
Registration date : 2010-09-17

PostSubject: Re: So it's not only the uk then    So it's not only the uk then  Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 12:40 am

You can't protest lane closures/ restrictions by illegally offroading, thats just stupid and gives them even more of a reason to close more lanes!!!

I agree the best way to make a stand would be to stand together, but the problem is it's never that simple is it. Half the clubs have been at least rumoured (if not known) to be involved in illegal laning some don't care because they'll carry on laning regardless of what's legal. I do agree that differences should be put aside for the benefit of a common cause but there is going to be limits on who's prepared and grown up enough to do so. I keep meaning to call up re the lanes near the tips as I don't know if the council are even aware that the farmer has decided to dig a sodding great hole to block the lane.
Other than that I suppose all we can do is protest (legally and with polite force) when talk of lane closures come up.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com
Baz
bonkas greenlanes marshal
Baz

Male
Number of posts : 850
Job/hobbies : offroading mountain bikeing
4x4 : Looking for new truck
Registration date : 2010-12-25

PostSubject: Re: So it's not only the uk then    So it's not only the uk then  Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 7:38 am

Well said emski. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So it's not only the uk then    So it's not only the uk then  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So it's not only the uk then
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
www.bonkas4x4wales.com forum :: Chat :: THE BAR - general chat-
Jump to: