www.bonkas4x4wales.com forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.bonkas4x4wales.com forum

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

1998 Shogun 3.0 LWB

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
nellers2001

Male
Number of posts : 50
Job/hobbies : Swalec/cars
4x4 : Shogun 3.0 v6
Registration date : 2011-06-13

1998 Shogun 3.0 LWB Empty
PostSubject: 1998 Shogun 3.0 LWB   1998 Shogun 3.0 LWB Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 9:34 am

Mitsubishi Shogun 3.0 V6

• 1998 LWB GLS (Diamond Pack)
• 3.0 V6 24v
• FSH (Changed all the oils myself at 110k including diffs and transfer box)
• 111,000 Miles
• Tax 31st Dec 2013
• Mot 28th June 2013 (Last MOT passed first time with no advisories)
• Automatic (with working overdrive)
• Electric windows
• Large electric sunroof
• Heated front seats
• Full grey leather interior (including seats 6/7) with no rips or tears
• Cruise control
• Air con
• Rear has its own independent heater controls
• Adjustable suspension (hard/medium/soft settings)
• Super select 4x4 system (2wd/4wd/high range 4x4/low range 4x4) all working and no flashing lights
• Locking centre diff and also a locking rear diff (all working and no flashing lights)
• Vehicle has 4x 31x10.5x15 BFG Mud Terrain tyres which have between 7mm and 9mm tread
• Spare wheel also has a mud tyre and a chrome cover with lock and locking nuts
• Has a 2” suspension lift using spring spacers for extra clearance
• CB setup in the centre console with a gutter mount at the back and a stinger aerial
• Sony bluetooth stereo (bluetooth handsfree and music streaming)
• Cobra Cat1 alarm and immobiliser with two working fobs and 2 keys
• Towbar
• Smoked side repeaters
• Front headlight washers
• Front foglights
• Chrome A-bar
• Most of the original tools in the rear door
• Original torch in the back
• All bulbs inside work (including the compass which I have changed to LED so no more blown bulbs)
• LED interior lights to give extra lighting
• ABS
• Driver and passenger airbag

New items fitted since Nov 11:

Jan 12:
• Blueprint waterpump
• Blueprint cambelt
• Blueprint rollers and idlers
• Blueprint auto tensioner
• Mitsubishi cam sprocket and washer
• Mitsubishi pulley bolt and washer
• Gates aux belts
• Lovely new/clean coolant (viscous fan works as it should and never overheated)
• Interior LED bulb upgrade
• Blue LED lights in dash and heater panel (working dimmer wheel to dim all dash lights)
• White LED’s in altimeter/tilt meter/compass
• CB install and mount/aerial

Mar 12:
• Full cat back exhaust system and gaskets
• Rear ARB’s

June 12:
• Rocker cover gaskets/o-rings

Jul 12:
• New front and rear speakers
• Engine oil and filter
• Front and rear diff oils
• Transfer box oil
• I didn’t do the auto box oil as it was done just before I bought it and still cherry red (although I have enough new oil which will come with the car – Millermatic SPIII)
• Air filter
• 2” springs spacers fitted and torsion bars lifted 1.5”

Aug 12:
• Pajero one piece rear windows fitted (will come with original sliding Shogun windows if you want them)
• Smoked side repeaters

Oct 12:
• New battery
• Under sealed rear half of vehicle with quality Bilt Hamber products (will get the front done before sale). The car was previously under sealed so all seems to be in good solid condition.

Bad Points:

Every car has them and remember this car is now 14 years old so please don’t expect a car that has just rolled out of the factory.

• The aerial had been snapped before I bought it but does still have the bottom section coming out of the wing. I have never replaced it as reception is still perfect. The motor is still there and works so if it bothers you I think a replacement mast is about £20.

• Paintwork is generally in very good condition but does have a small crease from before I bought it just above the offside rear arch. It hasn’t broken the paint and not really that noticeable.

• It does leak about a drop of oil each week from the back of one rocker cover gasket. I did replace these so think it may just need the rocker cover nuts tightening a little as the gaskets were all new so won’t be due to age or deterioration. But it really is not much at all and the oil level hasn’t dropped from when I put new oil in back in July 2012.

• Small dent in the bottom of the A-bar but again not really that noticeable.

I’m regrettably selling my Shogun after 16 months of ownership. I am selling as I have a 2nd child on the way and to be honest my priorities have changed and I don’t get to use the vehicle much at all so would prefer it to go to a good home where it will be used. I travelled 260 miles to buy this Shogun as it was the cleanest I could find after months hunting so be assured it is a great and very capable 4x4 which is not only very safe but very comfortable. The chassis is nice and solid with no welding which is a massive bonus as many have rotten chassis’ or various patches of welding. I have tried to enhance this vehicle where I can and have spent a lot of money maintaining it to a high standard as the intention was to keep this vehicle for another few years and I’m a firm believer in preventative maintenance. Unfortunately and sadly I have to sell it as I just don’t use it enough and between a growing family and a house which I am currently renovating I just don’t have enough time to enjoy it.

£2200 ONO

1998 Shogun 3.0 LWB DSC_0549_zpsda388984

1998 Shogun 3.0 LWB DSC_0552

1998 Shogun 3.0 LWB DSC_2058

Last edited by nellers2001 on Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:38 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
suzuki jimny fella
winch challenge marshal
suzuki jimny fella

Male
Number of posts : 701
Job/hobbies : metal polisher and welder
4x4 : suzuki jimny
Registration date : 2011-08-04

PostSubject: Re: 1998 Shogun 3.0 LWB   1998 Shogun 3.0 LWB Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 9:40 am

why you selling mate
Back to top Go down
http://www.bonkas4x4wales.co.uk
nellers2001

Male

PostSubject: Re: 1998 Shogun 3.0 LWB   1998 Shogun 3.0 LWB Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 9:45 am

Got a 2 1/2 year old and the wife is due to give birth in 6 weeks to a 2nd, mixed with I'm still renovating our house with a few big jobs coming up and also trying to work as much o/t as possible to pay for all the materials I need, I just don't have the time or money to enjoy it really.

Had a great morning out at Ty Rhiw last month but that's two pay and play days in 7 months. Not to mention I generally drove around on egg shells as can't afford the time or money to fix it if I break it! Gutted really but family and house have to come first!

I know it's probably priced at the high end but think it's worth it, not the usual rot box or farm hack...well I did travel 260 miles each way to buy it in the first place! Laughing
Back to top Go down
nellers2001

Male

PostSubject: Re: 1998 Shogun 3.0 LWB   1998 Shogun 3.0 LWB Icon_minitimeSun Jan 13, 2013 8:02 pm

Well it sold on Friday so it's gone now!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1998 Shogun 3.0 LWB   1998 Shogun 3.0 LWB Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1998 Shogun 3.0 LWB
Page 1 of 1