www.bonkas4x4wales.com forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.bonkas4x4wales.com forum

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

So Skewen is not in Shrpshire?

Go down 
+5
Roo
robert francis
phil
PITBULL
Nikon
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Nikon

Nikon

Male
Number of posts : 143
Job/hobbies : Photographer
4x4 : Vitara
Registration date : 2008-08-21

So Skewen is not in Shrpshire? Empty
PostSubject: So Skewen is not in Shrpshire?   So Skewen is not in Shrpshire? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 12:40 pm

Hi All, arrived here via a link from http://shropshire-suzuki.co.uk/forum/ via Shane.

Briefs, age 40, married, 1 son, live in skewen, proffesional photographer 10+ years.

Hired a vitara while in Zante in july, wanted to go off the tourist routes to get photos of non tourist areas. Was amazed at how good the vitara was and where it took me, my first 4x4 driving.

Back 2 weeks and the owner of a p reg 1.6 16v swd jlx.
Looked for info and found shropshire group, now here.
Currently trying to put a shopping list toghether for about 3 inch suspension lift.
Got other goodies on the list as time+money allows:

Snorkle - here and needs to be fitted.
need to buy
OR armoury Front whinch bumper + winch.+ ground anchour?
ORA rear bumper
loys of other bits i guess, toys for the boys as the wife says!
Bigger wheels/tyres when lift done, awaiting paul green tyres to get me some 215 75 15 sahara or bigger?

Oh, I have no idea about cars so need help, probably would struggle to change a wheel at the moment but you never know when someone will need a wedding photographer! Thats my main business.

I have for the last 15 years worked for TMX (Trials & Motovcross news) covering Mx and trials all over S. and mid Wales. Its been a car wrecker hence my want for a 4x4, at last!

Look forward to meeting some of you, oook forward even more if you can biuld my Viyara as i want it!!!

Simon
Back to top Go down
PITBULL

PITBULL

Male
Number of posts : 3993
4x4 : RRC 200tdi
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: So Skewen is not in Shrpshire?   So Skewen is not in Shrpshire? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 6:12 pm

welcome mate im a landy man myself so would suggest u sell up and get a disco much more comfy on the lanes as shame (aka shane) has found out the hard way he had a disco sold it 4 a vit not that long ago and now he wants another disco now they r heavy but on lanin it wont make much difference set of 265/75s and alittle lift on a discovery u will be goin really far u will need 2do alot of work on the vit but if u want 2stick with it speak 2 baz hes the man in the no bout zukes but i think what u want 2do a landy is the way forward no doubt alot off ppl will back me u and 1person in particular wont (baz) my advice speak 2shame about it as he has had both
Back to top Go down
http://rides.webshots.com/album/562089446fByCfV?vhost=rides
PITBULL

PITBULL

Male
Number of posts : 3993
4x4 : RRC 200tdi
Registration date : 2008-01-12

PostSubject: Re: So Skewen is not in Shrpshire?   So Skewen is not in Shrpshire? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 6:19 pm

3" lift dont think that wise mate as as i think it was a 3" lift that shame had and on his 1st outin the snapped 2shafts because of the strain the lift puts on the shafts i think a 2" is max on suspension altho thats on the limit i think shame changed his 2 a 1 1/2" lift
Back to top Go down
http://rides.webshots.com/album/562089446fByCfV?vhost=rides

PostSubject: Re: So Skewen is not in Shrpshire?   So Skewen is not in Shrpshire? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 7:16 pm

hi simon

i had a 2 1/2 inch lift on mine but it was to much unless you buy axle drop brackets m8 (£100) or gt a smaller lift,, i got a 1 3/4 lift kit and every thing goin ok with that aswell,, get some tyres aswell m8 31's will fit with some sight trimming here an there and look for summin like macho's, bf goodrich, colway, somthing not to aggresive as it will pop the shafts like me with them special tracks on,, you can fit a winch bumper m8 but u will notice after a shaort while the front will sag,, why not gt a winch mount and small winch and have it on u chassis,,
yea a vitara are ok m8 but i find them very limited on the front with driveshafts and very firm when green laning,, im drifint bk to the disco way tho lol

if u need any help m8 just give me a PM and ill see what i can do 4 u

shane
Back to top Go down
phil

phil

Male
Number of posts : 427
Job/hobbies : keeping settee warm
4x4 : disco 300 tdi
Registration date : 2008-05-02

PostSubject: Re: So Skewen is not in Shrpshire?   So Skewen is not in Shrpshire? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 8:13 pm

welcome to the club m8 clap another non landy owner 4 pitbull Twisted Evil to toy with lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
http://good-times.webshots.com/album/563679578fhzUHO
robert francis

Male
Number of posts : 4333
Job/hobbies : 4x4s
4x4 : land rover discovery 200tdi
Registration date : 2007-12-29

PostSubject: Re: So Skewen is not in Shrpshire?   So Skewen is not in Shrpshire? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 8:14 pm

hi si, id agree with pitbull get a disco more comfy and more room for your gear and you can get a good 300tdi or a really good 200tdi for around 1000 to 1500. but stick to what you want, if i can help in anyway pm me, if you join the club theres some good discount links have a look and good luck in which ever motor you decide to have
Back to top Go down
http://rides.webshots.com/album/561599985PyoVIz
Roo

Roo

Female
Number of posts : 493
Job/hobbies : cashier/ i lvs shoppin, make-up, hair and nething pink n fluffy or yellow n sparkly!!
4x4 : dont got one ne more =(
Registration date : 2008-04-08

PostSubject: Re: So Skewen is not in Shrpshire?   So Skewen is not in Shrpshire? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 8:54 pm

ellow simon welcome to the forum, the boys are going out on sunday and i think where they r going u would be ok to go in a standard zuki, baz is going out too so prob get chattin bout zuk's. hope u have fun,
ps how much dya charge for portrait fotos for 4 ppl.??? pm me if u want.
thank u
x roo x
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Nikon

Nikon

Male

PostSubject: Re: So Skewen is not in Shrpshire?   So Skewen is not in Shrpshire? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 8:59 pm

Cant make this or most weekends due to work sadly, may have more time in the winter. Not looking to go mad in the vit, just have some fun while trying not too break anything!

The Vit is my day car too so it has to keep going!

Thanks for the help and info, hope to meet up soon, somewhere with someone!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So Skewen is not in Shrpshire?   So Skewen is not in Shrpshire? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 6:34 am

hi m8 just thout i say iv had had 3 vitaras in the past, the fourth one was my brother-in-laws- which is prob the best one we'v ever built, this is wot we done-
pro-comp one and a half inch lift and shocks
this lift will not break shafts-we never blew one (plus you get a BONKAS discount with PRO-COMP)
3" calmini body lift
31" macho tyres
trimmed bumpers
converted in to pick up with fuel tank in the back,
stainless steel exhaust
snorkel with k&n.

you said you want to use ur vit as an everyday car also so i would go for 1 and a half inch lift
215/80/15 tyres
snorkel
and leave it like that for now thats fine for green-laning where we usually go.
but will struggle in deep ruts at play day sites(radyr) but can always go for body lift and 31s later if u feel u need to. on a vit 31's on the road EAT FUEL!! so drive it get used to it and see how u get on.
bazz
Back to top Go down
rodderz

rodderz

Male
Number of posts : 148
4x4 : defender
Registration date : 2008-07-29

PostSubject: Re: So Skewen is not in Shrpshire?   So Skewen is not in Shrpshire? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 8:04 pm

welcome to the club welcome
Back to top Go down
tony
Admin
Admin
tony

Male
Number of posts : 3629
Job/hobbies : carpenter / offroad ham radio
4x4 : landrover 90 200tdi

PostSubject: Re: So Skewen is not in Shrpshire?   So Skewen is not in Shrpshire? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 10:46 pm

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/tonyakv
parry

parry

Male
Number of posts : 172
4x4 : disco 300 tdi
Registration date : 2008-03-29

PostSubject: Re: So Skewen is not in Shrpshire?   So Skewen is not in Shrpshire? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 11:46 pm

welcome to the club
Back to top Go down
http://good-times.webshots.com/album/563678146EpYgXe
adam1181

adam1181

Male
Number of posts : 386
Job/hobbies : powered access engineer / getting muddy
4x4 : 3 pajero's
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: So Skewen is not in Shrpshire?   So Skewen is not in Shrpshire? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 2:40 am

welcome to bonkas
Back to top Go down
http://www.bonkas4x4wales.com
Nikon

Nikon

Male

PostSubject: Re: So Skewen is not in Shrpshire?   So Skewen is not in Shrpshire? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 3:45 am

Thans to all.

Seen a few 4x4 on the way home from carmarthen today that look like they are off roaders, seeem to be playing spot the off road 4x4 the last few days lol.
Back to top Go down
adam1181

adam1181

Male

PostSubject: Re: So Skewen is not in Shrpshire?   So Skewen is not in Shrpshire? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 3:55 am

i went to carmarthen today, you're right there was quite a lot of off roaders about. don't know where they were going though.
Back to top Go down
robert francis

Male
Number of posts : 4333
Job/hobbies : 4x4s
4x4 : land rover discovery 200tdi

PostSubject: Re: So Skewen is not in Shrpshire?   So Skewen is not in Shrpshire? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 4:06 am

i was working all day, lucky fookers, luckily i saw none otherwise i might of followed
Back to top Go down
http://rides.webshots.com/album/561599985PyoVIz
adam1181

adam1181

Male

PostSubject: Re: So Skewen is not in Shrpshire?   So Skewen is not in Shrpshire? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 4:52 am

i was tempted to follow, but we were going to get some new fish and the kids would of gone mad. i will next time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So Skewen is not in Shrpshire?   So Skewen is not in Shrpshire? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So Skewen is not in Shrpshire?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
www.bonkas4x4wales.com forum :: Chat :: Newbies - (New Members)-
Jump to: