www.bonkas4x4wales.com forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

www.bonkas4x4wales.com forum

HomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

GOOD DAY OUT

Go down 
+3
stantseries
robert francis
miketyres
7 posters
AuthorMessage
miketyres

miketyres

Male
Number of posts : 120
Job/hobbies : GARAGE OWNER
4x4 : berlingo lol
Registration date : 2008-06-20

GOOD DAY OUT Empty
PostSubject: GOOD DAY OUT   GOOD DAY OUT Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 5:23 am

THANKS 2 BAZ ,NIKON AND STANCE FOR A GOOD DAY OUT LAUGHED MY C**K OFF WHEN THAT SHOGUN TRIED TO FOLLOW US THROUGH THE RIVER AND SUNK NIKON UPLOAD PHOTOS SOON OF THA AND BAZ WHEELIE LOL MIKE.
Back to top Go down

GOOD DAY OUT Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOOD DAY OUT   GOOD DAY OUT Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 6:50 am

good day m8 cant beleave my jimny towed that shogun out. with the 31s on it didnt think it had it in it and stance twice suzukis r just the dogs balls cant wait 2 c the picks the water was up to the windows 0n that shogun on 1 side
Back to top Go down
robert francis

Male
Number of posts : 4333
Job/hobbies : 4x4s
4x4 : land rover discovery 200tdi
Registration date : 2007-12-29

GOOD DAY OUT Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOOD DAY OUT   GOOD DAY OUT Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 6:56 am

where did you go ??
Back to top Go down
http://rides.webshots.com/album/561599985PyoVIz

GOOD DAY OUT Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOOD DAY OUT   GOOD DAY OUT Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 7:00 am

the 1s we done last time rob . the 1 u just hit that tree going up that hill stance got stuck very wet i towed him all the way up lol river was up a bit 2 day 2 from last time 2
Back to top Go down
robert francis

Male

GOOD DAY OUT Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOOD DAY OUT   GOOD DAY OUT Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 7:01 am

nice
Back to top Go down
stantseries

stantseries

Male
Number of posts : 31
Job/hobbies : Manufacturing Operative/Rugby, Land Rovers
4x4 : Land Rover Discovery 200tdi
Registration date : 2008-03-20

GOOD DAY OUT Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOOD DAY OUT   GOOD DAY OUT Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 7:25 am

awesome day today cheers lads, had a good laugh, cheers baz for the tow I'll have to return the favour one day.
Back to top Go down

GOOD DAY OUT Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOOD DAY OUT   GOOD DAY OUT Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 7:17 am

i dont think so stants lol only if i break down u can tow me home GOOD DAY OUT 848192
Back to top Go down
stantseries

stantseries

Male

GOOD DAY OUT Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOOD DAY OUT   GOOD DAY OUT Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 7:19 am

yea no problem butt, fair play though i didn't do to bad on standard road tyres Very Happy
Back to top Go down

GOOD DAY OUT Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOOD DAY OUT   GOOD DAY OUT Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 7:28 am

u did good m8 as all ways get some new rubber m8
Back to top Go down
stantseries

stantseries

Male

GOOD DAY OUT Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOOD DAY OUT   GOOD DAY OUT Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 7:29 am

I'll wait tell I get a new landy I think.
Back to top Go down

GOOD DAY OUT Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOOD DAY OUT   GOOD DAY OUT Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 7:33 am

sorted m8 .cant wait 2 go out again. pop up the garage 4 a chat m8 me mike up thear evrey sat 9 till 1 Very Happy
Back to top Go down
stantseries

stantseries

Male

GOOD DAY OUT Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOOD DAY OUT   GOOD DAY OUT Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 7:34 am

I will butt, when you going out next?
Back to top Go down

GOOD DAY OUT Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOOD DAY OUT   GOOD DAY OUT Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 7:41 am

might just have little play in measteg this weekeand giveing the jeeps a bit ov a break haveing a look over them keep em in geed nick think we doing me and some m8s doing radyr soon and the strat florida very soon Very Happy all wellcome 2 come a long
Back to top Go down
robert francis

Male

GOOD DAY OUT Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOOD DAY OUT   GOOD DAY OUT Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 9:49 am

stants what landy you gona geet next,

p.s baz we doing radyr on 2nd november,
Back to top Go down

GOOD DAY OUT Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOOD DAY OUT   GOOD DAY OUT Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 11:00 am

yeh know thah rob, quite a long way off, so me n the boys gonna book a day down there. next couple of weeks. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
robert francis

Male

GOOD DAY OUT Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOOD DAY OUT   GOOD DAY OUT Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 6:19 pm

nic 1 then, lucky fookers
Back to top Go down
Nikon

Nikon

Male
Number of posts : 143
Job/hobbies : Photographer
4x4 : Vitara
Registration date : 2008-08-21

GOOD DAY OUT Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOOD DAY OUT   GOOD DAY OUT Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 1:16 am

Well, my first time out on 4x4 tracks and I have to admit it was a bloody good day. Please bear in mind this is written hopefully to amuse and not offend.

The first climb out from measteg over to afon argoed was good, though I quickly learnt that the Stance’s Tank is much lowered geared than my vit and I had to break on the downhill or I was going to use the back of Stance’s disco to slow down. Stance said he would not have minded if I did, but I would have as I have sold the bull bar to mike and don’t want to bump it lol!

Ground out (no lift apart from the tyres fitted Saturday at Mikes!) a couple of time from going too fast so decided to take it slow. Kind of ironic to be sharing the route with the riders from the ACU British Trail bike championship, as I normally work on Sundays for Trials & Motocross news (off road MC newspaper) covering events such as this.

The climb up to the bwlch road was a bit slippy and I have to say stance’s disco impressed in coming up there with ease. The next climb which started in pontrhydyfen caught me out as I falling Mike and did in 2 wheel drive, much to the amusement of others!

I think ( my memory is crap) we did the first water crossing of the day then. Not bad, about 18 inches deep and some 20 yards wide. Happy with that as I had been itching to cross water. Don’t know why I did not by a boat instead of vit? Lol! The next climb, for reasons unknown to a novice off roader such as myself, Stance stopped half way up! I think his disco had swelled up bit like a sponge in the water crossing and had got stuck.

Luckily, I and Thunderbird 2, (Baz’es Vit) had seemingly effortlessly got to the top, so thunderbird 2 was sent “ F.A.B.” (Fetch and Bring) to Stance.

I think the bomb hole was next, which provided some different angles on the photos and then it was off, the boys said to another water crossing, by Ogmor. When we got there my initial impression was that they were lost, as it was not a water crossing but a river. I thaught we would wait for the car ferry, this all being new to me and not a very good swimmer. But no, a bit of shouting from Mike and Baz to some acquaintances in the car park and then they instructed that they would cross first, in case I got stuck and they needed to come back and tow me out. I did wish at the time they had kept that to themselves, ignorance is bliss! Turns out this crossing was fairly straight forward, but lots of fun. I did however spot on my left as I started to cross the aforementioned acquaintances now crossing in what looked a slightly deeper part of the river in their v6 3.5 lt Mitshitbushy tank. If that thing gets across there on road tyres i thaught, I should be ok, and indeed it was. Next crossing and heading the advice to keep right from Baz it’s a bit of a bang on the way out but again I am through and by know absolutely amazed at what the difference the tyres (Diamond Back) are having. We then hear cries for help, somewhat desperate shrieks of despair. Stance is stuck again, no dought the disco is even more swollen from water crossing? But No! Stance is stuck,and Baz is in need again. However, the shrieks are coming from the river! Turns out Hayden (I think) and his co pilot Bro have decided to leave the women and children in the car park and follow us. However, with Stance blocking the river exit Bro decides the bank under the footbridge is a good resting point. So Hayden guides the titanic Mitzy towards to icepack and sure enough starts to sink. Now 4x4 is new to me, but I had enough sense not to try it on road tyres and to know when you’re digging for cockles on the river instead of going forwards, disengage gear and keep engine going. Rather amusingly Hayden decided to have another go and just dives deeper. The photos tell the story, Baz on rescue mission no 3 much to amusement to all watching, and at one point I think we had a good 15 or so on the bridge.

I got my feet wet on the brook we used to clear the cars so its carpets out from now on I think, bit on the whole a bloody good day out. Thanks to Stance, Chap with no eyebrows I forgot name of (sorry) and Mrs Baz plus of course Baz and Mike for looking after me. Hope to have Cb so you don’t have to keep sticking 2 fingers up at me next time to tell me what I am supposed to be doing!

Nikon

Pics to follow.!!
Back to top Go down
Nikon

Nikon

Male

GOOD DAY OUT Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOOD DAY OUT   GOOD DAY OUT Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 1:22 am

GOOD DAY OUT Bonkers4x4Sept142008403copy

GOOD DAY OUT Bonkers4x4Sept142008413copy
Back to top Go down
Nikon

Nikon

Male

GOOD DAY OUT Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOOD DAY OUT   GOOD DAY OUT Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 1:28 am

GOOD DAY OUT Bonkers4x4Sept142008473copyGOOD DAY OUT Bonkers4x4Sept142008477copyGOOD DAY OUT Bonkers4x4Sept142008478copy

GOOD DAY OUT Bonkers4x4Sept142008481copy
Back to top Go down
Nikon

Nikon

Male

GOOD DAY OUT Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOOD DAY OUT   GOOD DAY OUT Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 1:30 am

GOOD DAY OUT Bonkers4x4Sept142008464copyGOOD DAY OUT Bonkers4x4Sept142008490copy
Back to top Go down
Nikon

Nikon

Male

GOOD DAY OUT Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOOD DAY OUT   GOOD DAY OUT Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 1:35 am

GOOD DAY OUT TitanicGOOD DAY OUT Twobytwo

Look out, Iceburg!!!!
Back to top Go down
Nikon

Nikon

Male

GOOD DAY OUT Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOOD DAY OUT   GOOD DAY OUT Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 1:41 am

GOOD DAY OUT HandsGOOD DAY OUT Thunderbirdbaz
Back to top Go down
Nikon

Nikon

Male

GOOD DAY OUT Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOOD DAY OUT   GOOD DAY OUT Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 1:45 am

GOOD DAY OUT ReadyGOOD DAY OUT Weoff
Back to top Go down
Nikon

Nikon

Male

GOOD DAY OUT Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOOD DAY OUT   GOOD DAY OUT Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 2:33 am

GOOD DAY OUT Letthefishfree
Back to top Go down
Nikon

Nikon

Male

GOOD DAY OUT Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOOD DAY OUT   GOOD DAY OUT Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 2:34 am

GOOD DAY OUT Discowave
Back to top Go down
Nikon

Nikon

Male

GOOD DAY OUT Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOOD DAY OUT   GOOD DAY OUT Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 2:34 am

GOOD DAY OUT Mikecarwash
Back to top Go down
Nikon

Nikon

Male

GOOD DAY OUT Empty

GOOD DAY OUT Nikonwash
Back to top Go down

GOOD DAY OUT Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOOD DAY OUT   GOOD DAY OUT Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 4:28 am

thanks m8 we had a good day 2 1 ov the best iv had in a long time. picks r brill thanks m8
Back to top Go down
PITBULL

PITBULL

Male
Number of posts : 3993
4x4 : RRC 200tdi
Registration date : 2008-01-12

GOOD DAY OUT Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOOD DAY OUT   GOOD DAY OUT Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 4:30 am

nice pics m8 baz thats a wicked pic of the front end in the air shame its a zuke not a landy tho GOOD DAY OUT 848192 i joke wicked pic b very proud fella
Back to top Go down
http://rides.webshots.com/album/562089446fByCfV?vhost=rides
PITBULL

PITBULL

Male
Number of posts : 3993
4x4 : RRC 200tdi
Registration date : 2008-01-12

GOOD DAY OUT Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOOD DAY OUT   GOOD DAY OUT Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 4:51 am

Nikon wrote:

Luckily, I and Thunderbird 2, (Baz’es Vit)

just 2let u no fella baz got a jimny not a vitara
Back to top Go down
http://rides.webshots.com/album/562089446fByCfV?vhost=rides
robert francis

Male

GOOD DAY OUT Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOOD DAY OUT   GOOD DAY OUT Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 4:56 am

nice pics, very nice
Back to top Go down
miketyres

miketyres

Male
Number of posts : 120
Job/hobbies : GARAGE OWNER
4x4 : berlingo lol
Registration date : 2008-06-20

GOOD DAY OUT Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOOD DAY OUT   GOOD DAY OUT Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 4:59 am

nikon them pics are wiked m8 well done really enjoyed myself
Back to top Go down

GOOD DAY OUT Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOOD DAY OUT   GOOD DAY OUT Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 5:01 am

awww thanks pit that must of really hurt to say tha
Back to top Go down

GOOD DAY OUT Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOOD DAY OUT   GOOD DAY OUT Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 5:09 am

got pic baz,, looks good y didnt the vitara try tha en lol
Back to top Go down
parry

parry

Male
Number of posts : 172
4x4 : disco 300 tdi
Registration date : 2008-03-29

GOOD DAY OUT Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOOD DAY OUT   GOOD DAY OUT Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 5:13 am

nice pics m8 wow
Back to top Go down
http://good-times.webshots.com/album/563678146EpYgXe
Roo

Roo

Female
Number of posts : 493
Job/hobbies : cashier/ i lvs shoppin, make-up, hair and nething pink n fluffy or yellow n sparkly!!
4x4 : dont got one ne more =(
Registration date : 2008-04-08

GOOD DAY OUT Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOOD DAY OUT   GOOD DAY OUT Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 6:35 am

Shocked OMG!!! Shocked
i did nt think it would have been thah bad bar!!! OMG!! lmao
that gotta be the best foto iv seen,lol. I LOVE IT!!!
im soooooo super proud of u babe!
my god baz u r a full on REVVING RODNEY aint ya!! lol. I love you

nikon, amazin fotos!! lv the one of u in 'the car wash' haha u edda!!
mike ur a fool as usual! Laughing
stants, cant beleive how much i lv ur hair like!! super cutness!!
wow
lv lv LOVE EM!!!!
x roo x
mexwave
ps mikey baby did u tap my dad up for the money after 2day??? x mwah x
Back to top Go down
stantseries

stantseries

Male

GOOD DAY OUT Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOOD DAY OUT   GOOD DAY OUT Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 6:47 am

cheers roo, love my hair to Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Roo

Roo

Female
Number of posts : 493
Job/hobbies : cashier/ i lvs shoppin, make-up, hair and nething pink n fluffy or yellow n sparkly!!
4x4 : dont got one ne more =(
Registration date : 2008-04-08

GOOD DAY OUT Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOOD DAY OUT   GOOD DAY OUT Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 6:49 am

stantseries wrote:
cheers roo, love my hair to Very Happy
as long as we both lv it en!! lol x mwah x (dya enjoy urself sunday by the way?
Back to top Go down
stantseries

stantseries

Male

GOOD DAY OUT Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOOD DAY OUT   GOOD DAY OUT Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 6:50 am

nikon awesome pics and an awesome day to, sorry to all the landy boys for gettin stuck, damm road tyres, i cant believe i got towed out by a jimny (twice).

Rob Wrote
stants what landy you gona geet next,

Thinkin of gettin a defender in the next couple of weeks.
Back to top Go down

GOOD DAY OUT Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOOD DAY OUT   GOOD DAY OUT Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 6:02 pm

SHANE he did try in the vit but with out the mods i got (YET) he didnt get as far fair play mike 4 trying Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

GOOD DAY OUT Empty
PostSubject: Re: GOOD DAY OUT   GOOD DAY OUT Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GOOD DAY OUT
Page 1 of 1